1. ? Ableton launches a new, interactive website that teaches the fundamentals of synths
Following Ableton’s Learning Music, which taught the basics of making music, the music software-hardware company introduces a new web portal to teach you the basics of synths.
2. ? Spotify explains how “Fans Also Like” works
From the Spotify for Artists blog, learn how this algorithmically-driven metric helps fans of similar artists discover your own music on Spotify.
3. ? Meet the electronic artists collaborating with their artificial twins
On Resident Advisor, writer Cherie Hu explores how artists like Holly Herndon, Actress, and Mat Dryhurst are using machine learning and vocal synthesis to break new boundaries in production.
4. ? Metadata is the biggest little problem plaguing the music industry
Inputting the correct metadata may sound like a small step in releasing your music, but as The Verge tells, it’s built on a complex and outdated system that may leave millions unpaid to musicians.
5. ? Here’s an album with your Taylor Swift hoodie
The New York Times takes a look at how top artists are using album bundles — tacking a download or CD to another purchase — to strategically rise up to the top of the Billboard charts.
6. ?? 250 music organizations pledge to achieve 50/50 gender split by 2022
Organized by international program Keychange, 250 organizations including The Great Escape (UK) and Gilles Peterson’s Worldwide Festival (France), have committed to achieving a full 50/50 gender balance by 2022.